Thursday, December 17, 2009

The States

First morning in Kansas...

First thoughts of the States: holy crap my senses are overwhelmed. Commercials, lights, Costco, bacon bacon bacon... currently watching Sportscenter on ESPN, Kobe, Chris Henry... watched bit congressmen talk on Olbermann's show about healthcare, switched to South Park reruns... commercials, commercials, commercials...

While shopping at the aforementioned Costco I was also struck by the prices... how low they were. Beijing's inflation really hits home when you're able to buy 12 mini-pizzas for 10 usd here, or about 6 kuai per mini-pizza. Polish hot dog+soft drink also only a buck fifty, or about 10 kuai. You can't get a 10-kuai hot dog in Beijing, that's all I'll say. Perhaps next time I'll gush a bit less about my 10-kuai gaifan.

No comments: